This 15 min Beet Pesto recipe is straight from my Aunts kitchen in Greece. It's packed with potassium which is great for your nervous system and muscle recovery, and immune boosting vitamin C!
1 lb of Gluten Free Pasta
2 Cloves of Garlic
20-30 Leaves of Fresh Basil
2 Tablespoona of Pine Nuts
1 Tablespoon of Sea Salt
1/2 a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Bring a large part of water to a boil
2. Peel the Garlic
3. Wash the beets, shave them with a peeler and cut into 1/4 chunks
3. Put the oil, beets, garlic, half of the basil,and salt into a food processor or blender till smooth
4. Cook your gluten free pasta till aldente
5. In a large mixing bowl stir the sauce into the pasta and add cracked pepper, pine nuts and the rest of your basil.
Serve and enjoy!