This creamy soup is a perfect meal!
16 oz of red lentils - soaked and rinsed
1 yam or sweet potato
5 cloves of garlic
2 large sweet yellow onions
1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
3 large leaves of kale - soaked and rinsed
2 large carrots
8 oz of cherry tomatoes
1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 can of coconut cream or pure milk
Spice it up:
Add as much cayenne pepper as you can take. It gives it that extra something.
1. Fill a large pot 3/4 of the way with water and bring to a boil
2. Peel and chop the two onions into small pieces. Saute in a pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil until they start to brown. You want a mix of translucent and browning for optimum flavor.
3. While the onions start cooking, wash and slice the tomatoes. Stir them in with the onions
4. Peel and slice the garlic. Toss into the water
5. Wash and cut the yam / sweet potato into small chunks. Toss into the water
6. Add the salt, coconut cream and chili flakes to the water
7. Wash, peel and chop the carrots. Place to the side. You'll add them in 10 mins before the soup is done.
8. Wash and cut the kale. Place in a large bowl filled with water to soak it. This removes anti-nutrients and ensures there are no little buggies in the leaves.
9. Once the water is boiling add the lentils to the pot and leave uncovered. Lower to a low heat. Set a timer for 30 mins and stir every few minutes.
10. After 30 minutes add the carrots. Cook for another 10 Mins
11. Rinse the kale
12. Serve the soup with a handful of kale on top of each bowl.
In the Winter there is nothing better than a big bowl of soup! This one is fast, easy and delicious!
1 bunch of a parsley
1 bunch of scallions
2 large zucchinis
3 large carrots
2 handfuls of spinach
2 cloves of garlic
2 Tablespoons of avocado or coconut oil
6 red potatoes
Fill a large pasta boiling pot 3/4 of the way with water and bring to a boil
Slice the garlic cloves and scallions and chop the parsley then add all three to the pot of water
Chop the red potatoes in eigths and add to the water once it's boiling. Let them boil for 30 mins - set a timer if you want.
While the potatoes are doing their thing...
Add the oil to the water
Slice the zucchini into bite size chunks
Chop the carrots
Salt the pot to taste - start with about a teaspoon then taste test - add more as need adding a little at a time
Add pepper and chayenne to taste
After the potatoes have boiled for 30 mins add the zucchini and carrots to the pot and boil for another 15 mins
Toss in the spinach and you're done!
You're ready to serve and cozy up!