Taste of Greece
Every Summer I visit my family in Greece and geek out eating all the wonderful local dishes! Back in New York I jump at the opportunity to make my favorite Greek dishes when the ingredients are available.
Today Whole Foods had the ingredients for two of my favorites - Whole Branzino and Zucchini.
This is meal is fast and pretty simple to make (have your local fish market wash and slice the fish down the midline so it's easy to work with).
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Prep the Fish
- In a large Pyrex or Baking Tray add a generous amount of olive oil to both sides of the fish.
- Add 1 clove of garlic sliced, 2 slices of a lemon, 2 slices of butter, and a handful of fresh parsley to the inside of the fish
3. Start the Veggies
- Slice half a red onion, 3 - 4 zucchini, 3 cloves of garlic, two handfuls of parsley
- Cook in a large sauté pan in a generous amount of olive oil, the juice of about a 1/4 of a lemon, sea salt + pepper covered (stirring every 1-2 mins) for about 12 mins.
4. Get it crispy
- While the veggies are going, in a large pan on high heat with olive oil, cook the fish for 3 mins on each side
5. Bake the fish
- Put the fish back into the Pyrex or baking tray and bake for 10 mins.
6. Plate it
- Dish out the veggies on a large serving platter and lay the fish on top.
Leave a Reply.
Fuel Your Body Well
Miss Eryka Clayton